I bought Sony Bravia XR A80K 4K HDR OLED TV last month, but it can't read my 4K MP4 movies (The Fate of the Furious) from USB. Strangely, it can play other MP4 files smoothly. I just couldn't figure out how to solve the problem. I hope you can help me.
Your Sony Bravia TV refuses to play some MP4 files, displaying an unhelpful codec error message "file format not supported"? This article aims to help you out. Here we will present a solution to watching MP4 movies on Sony Bravia TV from USB with ease.
Things You Should Know before Play MP4 Movie on Sony Bravia TV
First of all, Most Sony TVs do support external MP4 playback. Like most of the smart TVs, Sony Bravia TV models usually have the ability to play digital videos from external devices like USB or HDMI cable. However, if you are planning on playing MP4 videos on your Sony Bravia TV, there are a couple of things that you should know.
- Not all Sony Bravia TV can play MP4 videos. Of course, the flagship models usually have the ability to play MP4 videos, but some lower-end products or some old models may not have the MP4 support built-in. To make sure that your Hisense has the ability to play MP4 movies, you better read the user’s manual or go to the official website of Hisense and look for the detailed specification for your specific model.
- Even if your Sony Bravia TV supports the MP4 movie playback, there are still possibilities that you will not play the MP4 movies successfully. Sometimes it’s because you need to install a media player app on your TV, and sometimes it’s the compatibility problem of your MP4 movie file, which we will discuss later. But for now, let’s see how to play an MP4 movie in the most common way in your Sony Bravis TV: Through the USB port.
As far as we know, even these latest 4K TVs have limitations. If your Sony Bravia TV failed to play some downloaded MP4 files, it may due to th video audio codcs, resolution, etc. And the best format that Sony Bravia TV can support is H.264 MP4. So if you want to watch MP4 movie on Sony Bravia TV from USB, you'll need to convert MP4 to H.264 MP4 and then add the converted video to Sony Bravia TV for playing via USB port.
To accomplish the task, you need to seek help from a MP4 Video converter that supports SD, HD, 1080P and even 4K. Here Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is highly recommended to help you achieve your task. The program can help you change almost any popular file format includingMP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, WebM, VOB, Blu-ray disc, DVD disc, etc. to Sony Bravia TV compatible video format with fast encoding speed and excellent output quality. After the conversion, you can easily playback your MP4 video files on Sony Bravia TV and other Sony TVs.
If you're using a Mac, please turn to the Mac Sony TV Video Converter. Just get the right version and follow the guide below to convert MP4 to Sony Bravia TV supported video formats.
Free download and try MP4 to Sony Bravia TV Converter
Acrok MP4 to Sony Bravia TV Converter
- Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is a professional MP4 to Sony Bravia TV converter which can easily convert the unsupported MP4 to Sony Bravia TV supported MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, etc and after this, users can successfully play the converted any formats on their Sony Bravia TVs.
- Besides, this MP4 to Sony Bravia TV converter can also support to convert other unsupported FLV, WTV,MTS, M2TS, AVI, MXF, etc to any Sony Bravia TV supported video format for the compatible playback.
- More powerful is that this MP4 to Sony Bravia TV converter enables to convert the unsupported video format to any other TV, mobile, media player or video editor supported video formats and the supported video playing applications and editing programs include but not limit to Samsung TV, LG TV, Panasonic TV, Apple TV, Hisense TV , Sharp TV, Vizio TV, Toshiba TV, Apple TV, Windows Media Player, QuickTime, VLC, etc.
- Also, this MP4 to Sony Bravia TV converter supports to convert between any two video formats, any two audio formats and one video format to one audio format.
- Except the video conversion function, this Sony TV Video Converter is also developed with powerful video playback and editing features supporting to directly play any added video file and edit any added video file with editing features: crop, trim, split, rotate, merge, change video codec, resolution, frame rate, bitrate, sample rate, volume, etc.
Convert your MP4 to Sony Bravia TV supported video formats
Add MP4 Videos
Launch the MP4 Video Converter for Sony TV. Click the Add Files button on the main interface to import .mp4 files to the app. This MP4 to Sony Bravia TV Converter supports batch conversion, so you can add a pile of videos to enjoy the fast conversion speed.
Set output format
Click Format and choose H.264 MP4 as the output format on the Format > Common Video list.
If you want to play orginal 4K resolution on your Bravia TV, you can choose "4K Video" > "4K MP4 Video (*.mp4)" as target format.
Hit on "Convert" button to start encoding MP4 files to Sony Bravia TV supported format.
Play MP4 on Sony Bravia TV
When conversion completes, press on "Open" to locate converted videos. Add the converted files to USB and then transfer to your Sony Bravia TV set for enjoyment.