Canon has announced further specifications of its forthcoming EOS R3, giving a clearer picture of what the camera will offer when it is officially released. It is an upcoming high-end RF-mount camera. Featuring high reliability and durability, the R3 is designed to meet professional requirements with an emphasis on outstanding results when photographing fast-moving subjects. If you can't import Canon EOS R3 video to Vegas Pro, or you can't edit the Canon EOS R3 video smoothly in Vegas Pro, this article will be helpful.
MAGIX Vegas Pro is a video editing software package for non-linear editing (NLE) originally published by Sonic Foundry, then by Sony Creative Software, and now by Magix. The software runs on the Windows operating system. Vegas Pro is a more user-friendly and easier tool as compared to Adobe Premiere. Users can purchase Vegas pro at a price of $199, and it is available only as a one-time settlement. Although this software is not so powerful compared with Adobe Premiere, it is more cost-effective for amateur film editors. With Vegas Pro, you'll spend less time making videos and more time sharing them.
Although Vegas Pro claims that it supports H.265 media from cameras and camcorders, many users have found it a painful experience to import Canon EOS R3 4K H.265 files to Vegas Pro 19, 18, 7, 16 for further editing. So what's the matter? And what's the available workaround for working with Canon EOS R3 H.265 files in Vegas Pro? Read on for details.
Canon 4K H.265 to Vegas Pro Workflow
There are many factors that can affect whether you can edit 4K H.265 videos smoothly in the Vegas Pro, such as software version, computer configuration, whether to install the corresponding plug-in, etc. How to avoid these headache obstacles? To solve those problems, the quick workaround is to transcode Canon EOS R3, Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6, Canon EOS C70 H.265 footage to Vegas Pro more editing-friendly formats (MPG/WMV/MOV/MP4 are highly recommended in 4K). Along with some help from Acrok Video Converter Ultimate, it can be done effortlessly. Overall, the program is the best H.265 Video Converter, you can easily transcode Canon EOS R3 H.265 footage to MPEG-2, WMV3 or H.264, which will create a Vegas Pro friendly file format keeping the original quality of H.265 videos. Besides Vegas Pro, this software can also export DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, ProRes for Final Cut Pro and more NLE systems for native editing.
Features of Acrok H.265 to Vegas Pro Converter
- Transcode 8K/6K/5K/4K H.265 to Vegas Pro friendly video format.
- Convert MXF, MP4, MOV, MTS, MOD, footage for other hot editing software.
- Support encode videos in Apple ProRes, AIC, DNxHD, DVCPRO， MPEG-2, H.264, H.265 codec.
- Convert Blu-ray, DVD and common video formats to degital devices, media player software, etc.
- Convert videos in over 300 formats at 30X faster speed losslessly.
- Supports batch conversion.
- Edit video like cutting, cropping, rotating video, and adding subtitle, watermark, etc.
Free download H.265 to Vegas Pro Converter
How to convert Canon EOS R3 4K H.265 videos for editing in Vegas Pro?
Add 4K H.265 video files
After downloading and launching the Canon Video Converter, you can add all the Canon EOS R3 H.265 files to this best H.265 to Vegas Pro Converter. Click add files or drag them directly into the program.
Choose output format
The next step is to click the output format from the drop down menu. Go to Editing Software > Vegas MPEG-2 (*.mpg) or Vegas AVC (*.mov) as your output video format.
1. Tap "settings" to customize the output parameters- adjust the video size, bitrate, frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel, etc to get a decent video for editing in Final Cut Pro.
2. If you like would like to edit Canon EOS R3 video before conversion, you can click "Edit" icon to trim your H.265 video files into segments, adjust the video effects onto 4K footage.
Start video conversion process
Lastly, you need to click the Convert button to start the quick and easy conversion process. When the H.265 to H.264 or MPEG-2 conversion ends, open the folder to enjoy your new videos. There you have it, some simple steps that you can follow to edit your Canon EOS R3 files in any veision of Vegas Pro!