Can’t edit your Canon EOS R6 4K H.265 and RAW videos on Mac smoothly? Read this guide to learn how to import and edit Canon EOS R6 footage in Final Cut Pro X.
The Canon EOS R6 is a 20MP full-frame mirrorless camera aimed at enthusiast photographers and videographers. It sits below the R5 much as the EOS 6Ds did beneath the 5D DSLRs, and offers a well-rounded combination of features for both disciplines. It’s essentially a stripped-down version of the EOS R5, but appears to be very capable.The R6 can shoot UHD and DCI 4K video at up to 60p, saved as either Raw or H.265 footage. 10-bit 4:2:2 internal regarding using C-Log and HDR PQ are supported.
Compact in size, light weight and fully featured, the Canon EOS R6 can be tailored to fit a wide range of individual needs. The EOS R6’s latest generation H.265 codec combined with high-speed SxS Pro media radically reduce real-world turnaround times. Premium 4K becomes deliverable on almost any project using the EOS R6.
The 4K H.265 and RAW files that ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. While Canon EOS R6 users still have troubles when importing those 4K files to the latest Final Cut Pro X for editing. It’s not an odd thing, because we can not find Canon EOS R6 out there from "Final Cut Pro X Supported Cameras" page. Then what to do if you need import Canon EOS R6 footage to FCP X on Mac? Here we recommend using Acrok Video Converter Ultimate for Mac to transcode H.265 and RAW files to ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro X.
Free download Canon EOs R6 Video Converter
Key Features of Canon EOs R6 Video Converter
– Turn 4K H.265 files into editable format for FCP X, Premiere Pro CC, Vegas Pro, DaVinci Resolve, iMovie, etc.
– Support MPEG-2, H.264, H.265, Apple ProRes, DVCPRO, HDV, DNxHD, AIC, etc codecs output.
– Recode 4K H.265 recordings to 4K/1080P MP4, MOV, MKV, M4V, FLV, WMV, etc. for different uses.
– Create playable files for Tablets, Smartphones, Smart TVs, and other 4K/HD media players.
– Rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD to any video format and any audio format freely.
How to convert transcode H.265 to ProRes for editing in FCP X?
If you’re using a Windows PC, simply turn to its Windows version. Below I will take the Mac version of Canon EOS R6 to FCP X Converter for example to show you how to encode 4K H.265 to 4K ProRes video on Mac. The process in Windows is almost the same.
Load 4K footage into Acrok program
After downloading Acrok H.265 to FCP X Converter on your computer, launch it and load your Canon EOS R6 video files by clicking “Add file” icon to import 4K clips from your source folder. Batch conversion is supported, so you can load more than one file to save time. You can play the loaded videos with preview window.
Choose output format
Acrok software features optimized preset for all editing software, which enables you to convert H.265 and RAW videos to Final Cut Pro X editable files like Apple ProRes .mov without quality loss with ease.
Settings and edit video
You can Adjust the video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., by clicking the Settings button on the Canon video converter main interface. For getting 4K videos, please select "Original" in "Resolution" column.
After your files are imported – but before you convert, you can use Video Converter Ultimate’s on-board video editing tool to control the action. You can access all available editing functions by either clicking Edit beside the movie clips.
Start video covnersion
Click the Convert button to start Canon EOS R6 4K footage to Final Cut Pro X conversion. As soon as the format conversion is completed, you are able to import and edit the converted video files in FCP X without troubles.
1. If you are running a Windows PC and have troubles to import Canon EOS R6 4K videos for editing with Windows Movie Maker, Vegas Pro, After Effects CC, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, etc. you need to try Windows version software.
2. More than transcoding H.265 footage shot by Canon EOS R6, the Acrok H.265 Video Converter for Mac is also able to handle clips generated by GoPro Hero 8, Canon EOS R5, Sony a9 II, Panasonic AG-CX10, Fujifilm X-T4, Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, JVC GY-HC900, etc.
Free download Canon EOS R6 to FCP X Converter